MARTA: Bye. Don''t forget our English lesson on Wednesday. 再见, 星期三补习英文, 你可不要忘了!
MICHAEL: I won''t. I''ll be there. And why don''t you come, too, Miguel? 放心好了, 我会来的, 米盖尔你也来, 好不好?
MIGUEL: Thank you. I will. And thank you for inviting me to the party. It was a lot of fun. 谢谢, 我会来的, 谢谢你邀请我参加宴会. 我玩得很开心.
MARTA: Thank you again, Michael. I''ll see you next Wednesday. Joana, it was a pleasure meeting you. 麦可, 谢谢你, 下星期三见. 琼娜, 很高兴认识你.
JOANA: Thank you. It was a pleasure meeting you and Miguel. 谢谢, 很高兴认识你和米盖尔.
ALL: Good night. 晚安!
MICHAEL: Well. 好了,
MICHAEL: Let''s sit down for a few minutes. 我们坐一会吧.
MICHAEL: I can clean up later. 我等一会再清理.
JOANA: No, let me help you. 不, 让我来帮你忙.
MICHAEL: No, that''s all right. I can do it by myself in the morning. 不必; 没关系, 明天早上我可以自己清理.
JOANA: It was a very nice party. It''s too bad Paulo had to work late. 宴会很成功, 可惜保罗必须加班.
MICHAEL: Yes, it is, but I''m glad you had a good time. 嗯, 很可惜! 不过, 我很高兴你玩得很开心.
JOANA: I liked your friends. 我喜欢你的朋友.
MICHAEL: They liked you, too. I could tell. As a matter of fact, you made everybody feel comfortable. 他们也喜欢你. 我看得出来, 事实上, 你使大家都感到很自在.
JOANA: That''s easy. You''re a GREat host. 那很容易, 你是个出色的主人.
MICHAEL: Well, you''re a pretty good hostess. 那么, 你是个很棒的女主人了,
MICHAEL: I was tired of giving parties by myself. 我自己办宴会都办累了.
JOANA: You know, when I was a teenager, 知道吗? 我在少女时代
JOANA: I used to go to parties all the time. 经常参加聚会.
JOANA: I enjoyed myself every minute--parties, dances, boys. 我一天到晚玩得非常开心, 参加聚会, 去跳舞, 交男朋友.
MICHAEL: It sounds like fun. 听来蛮有趣的.
JOANA: It was. I used to live from dance to dance. 真的很好玩, 一个舞会结束了, 我就开始期待着下一个,
JOANA: On the weekends, 到了周末,
JOANA: Paulo and I never used to be home. 我和保罗根本就不惯于待在家里.
MICHAEL: Paulo? I don''t believe it. 保罗? 真难以置信,
MICHAEL: I thought he worked all the time--like my brother. 我还以为他只懂得工作, 就像我哥哥一样.
JOANA: Your brother? I didn''t know you had a brother. 你哥哥? 我还不知道你有一个哥哥.
MICHAEL: It''s a long story. 一言难尽.
JOANA: We have time. 我们有的是时间.
MICHAEL: OK. How about a cup of coffee? Then I''ll tell you about myself. 好, 要不要喝杯咖啡? 然后我告诉你一些关于我自己的事.
JOANA: Let me help. 我来帮忙.
MICHAEL: No. That''s OK. This kitchen is too small for two. Look around. Make yourself at home. 不, 我来就可以了. 这个厨房太小, 不能容纳两个人. 到处随便看看, 不要拘束.