Rose: You're making me 1) nervous!
柔丝:你害我好紧张!
Sue: You need to 2) relax!
苏: 你要放轻松点!
Rose: But how? I'm afraid he'll think I'm too 3) forward.
柔丝:怎么放轻松?我怕他会觉得我太主动了。
Sue: He's probably more nervous than you.
苏: 他搞不好比你更紧张。
Rose: That's impossible. I'm even shaking just thinking about it.
柔丝:不可能。我光想到就会发抖了。
Sue: Just 4) imagine he forgot to wear his pants. Then he'd be more nervous than you are.
苏: 就想象他忘记穿裤子。这样一来他一定比你还紧张。
Rose: OK. He's sitting there in his 5) underwear. I'll try.
柔丝:好吧。他只穿内裤坐著。我试试看。
语言详解
A: Go over and introduce yourself to that good-looking guy.
快过去向那个帅哥自我介绍。
B: No way. That would be too forward.
门都没有。这样也太主动了吧。
「You're making me nervous. 你让我好紧张」
当你在期望或是害怕一件事发生的时候,会不自主地感到不安。这时若有人还在你旁边火上浇油,让你心中小鹿乱撞,更加心神不宁的时候,你就可以用这句话来抱怨一下。
A:Stop pacing. You're making me nervous.
别再踱来踱去。你害我好紧张喔。
B:I can't help it. I hate waiting for an answer!
我停不下来。我最讨厌等人家的回音了!
1) nervous (a.) 紧张的
2) relax (v.) 放松
3) forward (a.) 急切的
4) imagine (v.) 想像
5) underwear (n.) 内衣裤