I. Useful Expressions
1. —What’s wrong (the matter/trouble) with you? 你哪儿不舒服?
—I seem to have caught a cold. 我似乎感冒了。
2. —What hurts/is troubling you? 你哪儿不舒服?
—I have got something wrong with my stomach and I don’t feel like eating. 我肚子有点儿毛病,而且不想吃饭。
3. —What’s your trouble? 你哪儿不舒服?
—I’m running a temperature and I have a headache.我在发烧而且头痛。
4. —When did the pain start? 什么时候开始痛的?
—Three days ago. 三天前。
5. —How long has this been going on? 这种症状有多久了?
—Two or three days. 两三天了。
6. —Do you have a history of heart trouble? 你有心脏病史吗?
—No, I don’t. 没有。
7. —Have you taken your temperature? 你量过体温了吗?
—Not yet. 还没呢。
8. —Your case history, please. 请把你的病历给我。
—Sorry, I don’t have a case history. This is my first time here. 对不起,我没有病历。这是我头一次来这儿。
9. —I’m really worried about my weight. 我真的对我的体重感到担忧。
—I advise you to change your eating habits. You should eat less meat, more vegetables and exercise more. 我建议你改变饮食习惯。你应该少吃肉、多吃蔬菜、多锻炼。
10. —It’s nothing serious. Take things easy and you’ll be well soon. 没什么严重的。不要焦急,你会很快好的。
—Thank you, doctor. 谢谢你,大夫。
II. Cultural Information
1. If you want to see a doctor in Western nations, you must make an appointment with the doctor you want to see first, or you can’t see him/her.
2. There are many private doctors and private clinics as well as public clinics, hospitals and hospital emergency wards(医院急诊中心) in Western nations.
3. The doctor will often ask you about your medical problems and examine you if necessary, so you had better not say something like “I have a cold”, which means you have known your trouble. It’s considered bad manners. If you have known your trouble, whydo you come to see the doctor then?
4. If you are a foreigner, you should know how to say some common expressions about diseases, such as headache, cough, toothache, etc.